I feel it is definitely safe to say that my final year as an undergraduate is well under way. With my dissertation proposal due next Monday, sports and societies’ activities getting… well very active… and the final exam for my ballet teaching qualification coming up, my schedule has become jam-packed and I quite frequently don’t know what is up and what is down anymore.
Surprisingly I’m not finding it that difficult to muster up some motivation to get through my super busy weeks and stack of work. But I am finding it difficult sometimes to find time to just chill out. I am lacking in me-time.
All I’ve heard since starting final year is “make the most of it” and “party as much as you can”. Ok, so I’ll just create an 8th day of the week. Simple!
In all seriousness though, I am going to try and make this happen, so I’ve made myself a mini bucket list for the year and I want to share it with you all (mainly so I have committed to it and there’s no going back). Some might not seem like they come under the “me-time” category but I’m putting anything outside of my degree on this list.
So here we go!
- Sort out my Linkdin account
- Help CoppaFeel! Uni Boob Team Surrey raise over £1,000
- Go to at least 2 post-grad open days
- Have a job lined up for after graduation
- Drop a dress size
- Get that elusive oversplit nailed
- Sing a solo in something
- Get my finances in order
- Become a qualified ballet teacher (with a good mark)
- Downsize my life – get rid of any rubbish I’m storing in my room
- Go on a ski holiday
- Read at least 3 non-fiction books before graduation
I may add to this and can hopefully tick some off the list soon!